Tuesday 4 August 2009

An Aggravated...

...Encounter.

Obviously I have cooled down when I am typing this piece.

But the experience that I had while doing a little bit of shopping at Giant Hypermarket with Linda and the AKSes had left me in a bit of an aggravated state.

We came to get just a few items which totalled less than ten. As we were in a bit of a rush, we chose to use the fast lane that stated “ten items or less”. There was another shopper in front of us buying just two bottles of soda drinks. While in front of her was a couple with a trolley of goods.

As they were emptying the trolley onto the cashier’s register, I began counting their items and they were more than ten items.

The guy must have heard my count and he turned around and audibled something which did not register in my head, perhaps justifying why he was using the fast lane when he was not supposed to do so.

“Obviously you cannot read then.” That was my reply.

Then came a tirade of words from him and then the lady he was with joined in.

“You want to show you are smart.” Yes, I am really smart in counting.

“You want to show you have power.” I am I giant when shopping at Giant.

“You want to fuss over petty things.” Yup, this is included in my many pet peeves.

“There have been others who did this kind of thing and I just let them. Why can’t I do the same thing?” Then it is okay for me to slash your head just because others have done that before?

“Jangan jaga tepi kain oranglah.” But do you expect me to keep quiet when your stinking ‘tepi kain’ kept brushing my face?

“Take care of yourself first.” What do you think I am doing?

“Jaga baby tu dulu.” I hope there will be no hellspawn from both of you to create more havoc on this earth, we have enough of that already.

By that time our verbal joustling had attracted quite a large audience. Then when I stated that I just wanted the rules or laws to be adhered to, the woman with her finger wagging said:

“The law? They are just bullsh*t!” So you think ISA is good for you then...

By that time the scene was nearly over with the two of them mumbling something as they walked away and with me mumbling something of my own. One thing for sure, they will be categorised under the same label as the 'Pakcik' who ran me and Mortimer down not for away from Giant.

Back at the counter, the woman who was in front of us just now agreed wholeheartedly with my action and reprimanded the cashier herself for entertaining those with more than ten items using the fast lane.

Unlike the other hypermarkets such as Sabasun and M*dyn which had a strict policy in regards of the use of the fast lanes, Giant staffs seemed to be lacksaidal in their policing of the matter.

I wish my path will cross with the couple again, especially while queieng since they said the law is bullshit. Then I could just cut in front of them and see whether there will be any reaction from them or not.

What do you think?

...

No comments:

Post a Comment