Tuesday 7 April 2009

Shocking...

...Death!

With much of the country under cloudy skies for the last few days, mad redo1 began to feel the effect and eventually came down with a bout of flu. Coupled with a looming deadline for a presentation his body sent the signal that it needs to rest.

Thank God, the presentation went smoothly today and there will be another one within the next fortnight. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this opportunity that does not come often in one's life.

Well, I will talk about this later and hopefully it will be something of a positive post.

Unfortunately, this post is about a piece of sad news that mad redo1 received on his fB. His friend during secondary school passed away after being electrocuted while carrying out a landscape assignment.

I cannot remember meeting him for the last time but I am sure it was during one of the reunions that we have from time to time.

It is certainly a reminder for us all that our time here could end just like that, without any notice to the soul such as: "you need to vacant this premise within fourteen days" or things like that.

Though as Muslims, we are told there are signs that will come to us about our impending death in intervals. If my memory serves me right, it is a hundred days prior to the big good-bye, then forty days and the last ones within days of the visit of 'Malikil-Maut'.

I cannot say that I am ready to die but one thing that I pray to Him that I will die as a Muslim. There are so many tests when we are about to go to the Alam Baqa' that could change our final destination they we pray for that is Al-Jannah, and found ourself heading for Jahannam instead (God forbids!)

To Hulaimi, Al-Fatihah.


...

No comments:

Post a Comment